Last updated February 28, 2020
Please read this Policy carefully, because by accessing and using the Site and Service you are acknowledging that you understand and agree to the terms of this Policy.
Personal Information We Collect
Personal Information You Manually Provide. When you register for the Service or sign up for a free trial account, we collect personal information such as:
- Your name
- company name and address
- e-mail address
- credit card information
If you sign up for a free trial account, you are not required to enter your credit card information until you decide to continue with a paid plan. BigTime uses a third-party intermediary to manage credit card processing, and this intermediary is not permitted to store, retain, or use your billing information except for the sole purpose of credit card processing on BigTime’s behalf.
If you speak with us on the telephone, we will collect any personal information you provide to us and we may record such conversations for quality assurance and training purposes.
You can modify your account information at any time by clicking on the Admin link in the global navigation bar at the top of the screen on the Site.
Information Sent to Us By Your Web Browser. We collect information that is sent to us automatically by your web browser or mobile device. This information typically includes your IP address, the identity of your Internet service provider, the name and version of your operating system, the name and version of your browser, the date and time of your visit, and the pages you visit. The information we receive may depend on your browser or device settings.
Generally, we use this information in the aggregate to help us improve this Site and make it more compatible with the technology used by our visitors. We may combine it with other information in an attempt to identify you or we may combine it with information that does identify you. We may also review our server logs for security purposes, for example, to detect intrusions into our network, and we might share our server logs, which contain visitors’ IP addresses, with the appropriate investigative authorities who could use that information to trace and identify you.
Information Collected by Cookies and Other Technologies. We use “cookies” and other technologies to collect information and support certain features of the Site.
How We Use Your Personal Information
BigTime uses the personal information it collects about you to operate and make the Service available to you, for billing, identification and authentication purposes, to contact you about your use of the Service, research purposes, and to generally improve the content and functionality of the Service and Site. BigTime’s practice is not to use your personal information for marketing purposes.
Choices About Your Personal Information
We offer certain choices about how we communicate with you and what personal information we obtain about you and share with others.
In General. We respect your right to make choices about the ways we collect, use, and disclose your information. In addition, we may ask you to indicate your choices at the time and on the page where you provide your information. For example, we may give you choice about the types of email communications you receive from us and/or our business partners.
Email preferences. You cannot opt out of transactional emails related to your membership/registration with the Site. However, you can opt out of promotional emails we send you. If you wish to stop receiving promotional emails, simply select “unsubscribe” located at the bottom of each communication.
Do Not Track. Because there currently is not an industry or legal standard for recognizing or honoring Do Not Track (“DNT”) signals, we do not respond to them at this time.
Cookies. When you visit the Site or use the Service, we use session “cookies” – a piece of information stored on your computer – to allow the Site or Service to uniquely identify your browser while you are logged in and to enable BigTime to process your online transactions. Session cookies also help us confirm your identity and are required in order to use the Service. BigTime uses persistent cookies that only BigTime can read and use, to identify you as a BigTime customer and make it easier for you to log in to the Service. Users who disable their web browsers’ ability to accept cookies will be able to browse our Site, but will not be able to access or take advantage of the Service.
BigTime may transmit or share your personal information with its third party vendors and hosting partners to provide the necessary hardware, software, networking, storage, and other technology and services required to operate and maintain the Service, which may require that your personal information be transferred from your current location to the offices and servers of BigTime and the authorized third parties referred to here.
We may also disclose personal information:
- to respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims
- if we believe it is necessary in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of our Terms of Service, or as otherwise required by law. BigTime may also provide summary or group statistics about our customers, sales, traffic patterns, and related Site information to reputable third-party vendors, but these statistics will not include personally identifying information.
- in the event that we are subject to mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures, sales of assets, reorganizations, divestitures, dissolutions, bankruptcies, liquidations, or other types of business transactions. In these types of transactions, personal information may be shared, sold, or transferred, and it may be used subsequently by a third party.
Location of Our Site
This Site is hosted and operated in the United States. However, we and our service providers may store information about individuals in the United States, or we may transfer it to, and store it within, other countries.
Visitors from jurisdictions outside the United States visit us at their own choice and risk.
If you are not a resident of the United States, you acknowledge and agree that we may collect and use your personal information outside your home jurisdiction, and that we may store your personal information in the United States or elsewhere. Please note that the level of legal protection provided in the United States from which you may access our Site may not be as stringent as that under privacy standards or the privacy laws of other countries, possibly including your home jurisdiction.
BigTime may maintain, use, or disclose, or any combination of the foregoing, information collected on the Site in the aggregate. BigTime may use this data to improve the Site and the Service.
Children’s Personal Information
The Service and Site are not intended for, nor does BigTime knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on the Site or on or through any of its features, including your name or email address. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at [email protected].
Pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), BigTime does not and will not sell the personal information of any California resident consumer less than 16 years of age, unless the consumer, in the case of consumers between 13 and 16 years of age, or the consumer’s parent or guardian, in the case of consumers who are less than 13 years of age, has affirmatively authorized the sale of the consumer’s personal information.
Protection of Information
BigTime maintains reasonable security measures to protect your information from loss, destruction, misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure. These technologies help ensure that your data is safe, secure, and only available to You and to those You provided authorized access. However, no data transmission over the Internet or information storage technology can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
Third Party Links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our Site. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. We urge you to read the privacy policies of other websites before submitting any information to those websites.
Individuals Within the European Union
Controllers of Personal Data
BigTime Software USA, Inc.
311 South Wacker Drive,
Chicago, Illinois 60606
is the data controller of the personal data processed through the Site
Legal Bases for Processing Personal Data
If you are an individual located in the European Union (EU), we collect and process personal data about you where we have a legal basis for doing so under applicable EU laws. This means we collect and process your data only when:
- it is necessary for a legitimate interest (which is not overridden by your individual privacy interests), such as preventing fraud, improving our Site, and increasing the security of the website and network infrastructure;
- you have consented to this collection and processing for a specific purpose;
- it is necessary to fulfill our contractual obligations; or
- it is necessary to comply with a legal obligation.
Where we rely on your consent to process your personal data, you have the right to withdraw or decline consent at any time. Some examples of where we rely on your consent to process your personal data include sending you marketing emails. If you wish to withdraw your consent, please contact us at [email protected].
Some examples of our legitimate interests for processing personal data include:
- website and network security;
- customer support;
- fraud prevention; or
- improving our Site.
Where we rely on our legitimate interests to process your personal data, you may have the right to object. More information on exercising this right can be found in the Individual Rights section below.
If you have any questions about or need further information concerning the legal basis on which we collect and use your personal data, please contact us at [email protected].
If you are located in the EU, you have certain rights under EU data protection law with respect to your personal data, including the right to request access to, correct, and delete your personal data. You may also have the right to receive a copy of your personal data in a commonly used and machine-readable format, and to transmit such data to another controller. You also may object to processing of your personal data, or ask that we restrict the processing of your personal data in certain instances.
To request deletion of, access to, or to make changes to your personal data, or to otherwise any of the rights in this section, please contact us at [email protected] Please note that not all requests can be honored.
Transfers, Storage, and Processing
Our Site is from and hosted on servers located in the United States. If you access and use our website from a location outside of the United States, any personal data you provide to us or that is otherwise collected may be transferred to and processed in the United States or any other jurisdiction in our sole discretion. Users of our Site should be aware that the laws that apply to the use and protection of personal data in the United States or other countries or jurisdictions to which we transfer, or in which we process, personal data may differ from those of your country of residence. Users who access or use our Site from jurisdictions outside of the United States do so at their own choice and risk and are solely responsible for compliance with local law. While we take steps to safeguard your personal data, the United States has NOT been deemed by the European Commission to ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data. Accordingly, the level of protection provided in the United States or other non-EU countries and jurisdictions from which you may access our Site may not be as stringent as that under EU data protection standards or the data protection laws of some other countries, possibly including your home jurisdiction.
If we are processing your personal data on behalf of another party, your personal data is transferred across borders to the United States or to other countries or jurisdictions in which we or our third-party associates may process personal data through the use of Standard Contract Clauses.
If you are a resident of the EU and your inquiry with us has not been satisfactorily addressed, or if you believe we are processing your personal data not in accordance with the law or this Policy, you may file a complaint with the supervisory authority in your country of residence.
Your California Privacy Rights
Pursuant to applicable California law, including the CCPA, BigTime makes the following disclosures regarding the personal information it collects:
Category of Personal Information
Category of Source from Which Data is Collected
Purpose of Collection
Category of Third Parties to Whom Data is Disclosed
Name, company name and address, e-mail address and credit card information
To operate and make the Service available to our users, billing, identification and authentication, to contact users about their use of the Service, research purposes
Our service providers
IP address, browser information
To improve the content and functionality of the Service
BigTime has not sold consumers’ personal information in the twelve (12) months preceding the Effective Date of this Policy.
If you are a California resident, pursuant to the CCPA, you have the right to request:
- the categories of personal information BigTime has collected about you;
- the categories of sources from which your personal information is collected;
- the business or commercial purpose of collecting or selling your personal information;
- the categories of third parties with whom BigTime shares your personal information;
- the specific pieces of personal information BigTime has collected about you;
- the categories of personal information that BigTime has sold about you and the categories of third parties to whom the personal information was sold, if applicable;
- deletion of your personal information; and
- an opt out of having your personal information disclosed or sold to third parties.
To submit a request, or designate an authorized agent to make a request under the CCPA on your behalf, please contact us at [email protected]. To verify your identity when you submit a request, BigTime will match the identifying information you provide us to the personal information we have about you and we will verify your identity through our existing authentication practices for your account.
However, BigTime will not be required to comply with your request to delete your personal information if it is necessary for BigTime to maintain your personal information in order to:
- complete the transaction for which the personal information was collected, provide a good or service requested by you, or reasonably anticipated within the context of BigTime’s ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform a contract between you and BigTime;
- detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity; or prosecute those responsible for that activity;
- debug to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality;
- exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise his or her right of free speech, or exercise another right provided for by law;
- comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act pursuant to Chapter 3.6 (commencing with Section 1546) of Title 12 of Part 2 of the Penal Code;
- engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when BigTime’s deletion of the information is likely to render impossible or seriously impair the achievement of such research, if you have provided informed consent;
- to enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with your expectations based on your relationship with BigTime;
- comply with a legal obligation; or
- otherwise use your personal information, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which you provided the information.
BigTime will not discriminate against you in the event you exercise any of the aforementioned rights under CCPA, including, but not limited to, by:
- denying goods or services to you;
- charging different prices or rates for goods or services, including through the use of discounts or other benefits or imposing penalties;
- providing a different level or quality of goods or services to you; or
- suggesting that you will receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
The Policy is available to consumers with disabilities. To access this Policy in an alternative downloadable format, please click http://bit.ly/BigTime-Privacy-Policy.
BigTime may update this Policy from time to time. You can review the most current version of this Policy at any time at https://www.bigtime.net/privacy. Your continued use of the Site or Service constitutes your agreement to be bound by such changes to the Policy.
Terms of Service
When you access and use the Service, you are subject to the BigTime Terms of Service, which are available at www.BigTime.net.
If you have questions regarding this Policy or about the security practices of BigTime, please contact us by email at [email protected].