Start out 2019 right with BigTime’s Gantt chart feature. It’s a Pro and Premier-level tool that project managers use to visually gauge project timelines and tasks and prioritize their workload. See how all of your tasks and subtasks for a given project work together. This powerful feature is just one of many in our January release.
We’ve also created a baseline option in resource allocation; added customized invoice status codes; and included an option to toggle between monthly and weekly allocations, among many others.
Here’s what you can expect from this release:
- Gantt chart scheduling feature
- Use the “no-charge” option on timers
- Create a “baseline” for allocations in resource allocations
- Customize invoice status codes
- Use new invoice settings to create, update, or delete a custom invoice email list
- Show invoice receipts as a “document”
- Create payments at the project level
- Toggle between monthly and weekly allocations in resource allocation
- Create a snapshot with Bulk Actions
- Limit invoicing for non-admin users
- Add documents to invoices
- Email attached documents with an invoice
- Use new report fields and settings
Read about these new features below.
See how all of your tasks and subtasks for a given project work together with BigTime’s Gantt charts. It’s ideal for projects with deadline-driven tasks, meaning start and end dates are important. They’re also helpful if you have tasks and/or subtasks that depend on each other.
What sets our Gantt chart feature apart? Here’s what you can expect:
- Fast load time. We designed this feature knowing that firms may have thousands of tasks. In fact, projects that have more than 1000 tasks on screen have a sub-one second load time.
- Clean interface that’s customizable. Easily see, create, and update project timelines and deliverables. Add project-related columns that are relevant to you, from project name to estimated hours.
- Add dependencies. See how tasks are related to each other by adding links between them.
Plus, we’ve got several features that make project scheduling in BigTime convenient. Use Auto-Schedule to shift a task or subtask and all of its dependencies, or change your view from monthly to weekly to daily. Use the Critical Path to see the most important tasks that need to be done in order to complete a project.
When using timers, there’s a “no charge” option. It indicates that a time entry will be non-billable.
You’ve created allocations in resource allocations, and need to make some changes. This is a great opportunity to create a baseline. Doing so will take a screenshot of your current allocations. This gives you a baseline of your current allocations that you can use to compare to when editing or adjusting allocations.
Determine which invoices appear in your Drafts tile and which invoices appear in your Finals tile based on their status codes. Navigate to Invoicing…Configure from your navigation bar. Then, click Defaults…Invoice Tile Settings.
You have the option to add a new contact when you’re emailing an invoice. Select “other” and a window will pop up where you can add information for one-off additions.
Preview how expense receipts will appear on a printed invoice. This option appears on the “Preview” tab of your drafted invoice, under “Additional Documents.”
Payments can now be created on a project level rather than the client level. This project-level option allows you to create a pre-payment to a specific project, rather than for the client.
When creating a new payment, check the box next to “Project-Specific Payment.” A picklist will populate, and you’ll select a project to log a payment to. Only unpaid invoices for the selected project will appear in the list.
Now you can toggle seamlessly between weekly and monthly allocations. This gives you flexibility based on the project at hand. If you’re working on a short 12-week project in the first quarter, you may find weekly allocations helpful. However, you may find monthly allocations helpful for that long-term project coming up in quarters two and three.
Create a snapshot for multiple invoices all at once with Bulk Actions on your Draft Invoices dashboard. Select the invoices you’d like to create a snapshot for. Then, click on Bulk Actions…Create Snapshot.
System admins determine if a user has access to the invoicing screen by enabling the user right “Create New Invoices.” Now users with this right can only view and create invoices for projects that they’re assigned to. If you want to provide full access to all projects, system admins can turn on the user right “View Manage Any Project.”
Users have the option to include additional documents to an invoice on an invoices’ “Preview” tab. Under the “Additional Documents” section, users can include receipts from expenses as well as PDFs.
When emailing an invoice, users have the option to include their attached documents in the email. Additional documents can be attached on the invoices’ Preview tab. The picklist will include these options:
- Do not email attachments with invoice(s),
- Combine invoice and attachments in a single PDF, and
- Email attachments as separate documents.
There are several new report fields and settings, including:
- A new field for approval and submission e-signature data is available for DCAA users (Submission Time and Approval Time). See timestamps for submission and approvals in time reports for DCAA users.
- Users can bypass user right settings on reports. If a report contains fields that would restrict them from viewing the report based on their user right settings, an admin can now share a report with their staffers that would bypass the staffers’ user right settings allowing them to view sensitive data.
Plus, we’ve increased the “Default Invoice note” character limit to 1000 and made several software tweaks to enhance your BigTime experience. As you can probably tell, we’ve been hard at work and it’s only early January. Expect more great things to come in 2019.