Introducing the Workflow Menu and SubtasksWe know tasks, phases, engagements, or whatever your firm might call them, are central to budgeting, project management, and your overall workflow in BigTime. That’s why we renamed the Tasks menu item as Workflow.
How Subtasks will Appear Across BigTime
- Task Group Names: If you decide to use task grouping, the entire system will reflect a task group by its Group Name: Task Name, i.e., ABC Company: Complex Task List.
- Picklist View: If task grouping is in place, wherever you see task picklists in BigTime, you’ll also see that subtasks will appear under the relevant task group name, which will display in green.
- Reporting: You will be able to track transactions and report on budget status against subtasks by selecting subtask-related details for inclusion on task-related reports.
- Invoicing: You now have the option of displaying task group information on PDF invoices.
Slack IntegrationWe use Slack at BigTime to streamline the way we communicate. In the spirit of continuously seeking ways to help you work more efficiently, we’re excited to announce a Slack integration with BigTime IQ Pro. In a nutshell, this integration will enable notices in BigTime straight to Slack for even speedier attention to items that need action. Take a look at this handy guide to get started with Slack for BigTime today.
Invoicing EnhancementsWe strive to provide you with a range of options to help you customize your print invoices. Here are a couple of new offerings to help meet your needs. Remaining Budget Column: You will now be able to include, either by dollar amount or percentage, a remaining value of the estimated budget against what’s been billed.
Other Noteworthy Fixes and Improvements
- The BCC function is up and running for e-mail invoicing.
- If a project’s billing status is inactive, that project will be removed from the WIP on the Invoicing dashboard.
- For the submission box for Timesheets, all timesheet submission periods will now work to auto-check the checkbox for the latest week of unsubmitted time.
- DCAA administrators will now be able to submit on behalf of other users.
- The Payroll exception area will now display according to your lexicon settings.
- The search box on the Task Dashboard will no longer be case sensitive.
- Users that enter receipt images from the web application will also be able to view these receipts via the iPhone mobile app.
- When running a report, users will no longer have to guess if the system is frozen or just working. You’ll get an indication that data loading is in progress.
- Instead of a picklist drop-down menu, users will now see an icon on the Project Dashboard, just as you’ll see on the Task Dashboard, to click between the flat or hierarchy view.
- You can now adjust the Invoice Notes/Memo on drafted invoices.
BigTime Software delivers real-time, metrics-driven time tracking, billing and project management for 2,000 customers and tracks more than $2 billion (USD) in billings annually. BigTime is a venture-funded company based in Chicago serving the professional services sector.