With multi-level approvals, up to three individuals can review time and expenses for your staff. This new feature provides a thorough review process before time and expenses are billed to the client and/or posted to your accounting system. These extra reviews can catch small, but costly mistakes—like erroneous time entries.
The following roles can do approvals:
- Staff Managers,
- Project Team Leads, and/or
Any combination of these roles can function as your “primary,” “secondary,” or “final” approval, as reflected in the image below.
Keep in mind that you don’t have to have use all three levels of approval. In the “timesheets” image above, we only have two levels of approval.
The workflow for multi-level approvals is streamlined. Each reviewer receives a notification when it’s their turn to examine a staffer’s submitted time and expenses.
Based on the image above, this is how the multi-level workflow works:
- Staffer submits time and expenses.
- Team lead (primary approval) reviews the submission and approves or rejects it. Once approved, the submission moves to the next stage in the review process.
- Staff Manager (secondary approval) reviews the submission and approves or rejects it. Once approved, the submission moves to the final stage in the review process.
- Financial/Admin (final approval) reviews the submission and approves or rejects it.
Only approved items will be available for the next approver to review. For example, approved items from the primary level will be available to review on the secondary level.
The multi-level approval feature is only available for Premier subscribers. To learn more about this feature or our three product levels, please contact your sales representative or email us at [email protected].