Our latest fixes and features are bound to save you time. You’ll find needless steps removed and others automated in order to make your BigTime experience a great one.
Save some time and effort by using the “copy expenses” feature on the summary page of a submitted expense report. Turn on the automatic “save” feature in resource allocation so you don’t need to manually save changes. These are just a few ways you’ll benefit from our latest release cycle. Read on to learn more.
New BigTime fixes and features:
- Customize headings on invoice templates
- Autosave in the resource allocation editor
- Roll up existing task reports to the group level
- View inactive projects when running custom reports
- Toggle between resource allocation line charts
- Copy multiple expenses
- Default subtotal setting when creating bulk invoices
- Update historical cost rates
Next, we’ll provide more information about each of these points.
Customize “invoice summary” and “invoice details” headings on your invoice templates. Make either change by editing a PDF invoice and finding step three. “Invoice summary” is under the header “Line Items” and “invoice details” is under “Time/Expenses.”
You no longer have to remember to click “save” when using resource allocation. Select the “autosave option,” located in the top-right corner of your resource allocation editor window.
If you’re using task groups and sub-tasks, there’s a new report to check out: the “task summary” report. It allows you to view your data for the overall task group.
In the image below, notice the separate budgets and input hours for individual tasks, subtotaled by task group.
Choose to include inactive projects in your custom reports. After you create your report, you’ll click on Edit Report Settings (top-left corner) and select “select a specific project.” Once you create the report, a new window will pop up where you can check the box next to “include inactive,” to include inactive projects to the picklist.
View your allocations in a weekly or monthly view. Or toggle back and forth between them.
Save yourself some effort and time and use the Copy Expenses feature on the summary page of a submitted expense report.
Click Copy Expenses and checkboxes will appear next to all of your expenses (on the left-side of your window). Then, select the expenses you want to copy. The expense date defaults to today’s date, which you can edit if needed.
When you create bulk invoices, the “subtotal setting” (on the gray sidebar when you create a bulk invoice) defaults to the setting that was last used when you created an invoice for that project. It’s a way to use the bulk create feature more effectively if you’re subtotaling invoices in different ways.
For example, in the image below “by task” automatically populates in the field Summary/Subtotal Setting because we used this setting when we last invoiced ABC Studios.
Admins now can update cost rates for staffers and have this rate apply to their historical (submitted) time—based on a date range that they select.
For example, to update John’s cost rate to $100, we went to his Staff Dashboard (My Company…Staff List and selected our staffer, John). We entered his new rate, $55, into the Cost Rate field and will click the hyperlink Update Rates.
A new window pops up, and we’ll select a date range to apply this new rate to.
Once I click Update Rates, the rate I entered will apply to any hours, submitted and unsubmitted, that fall in that date range.
Other fixes and features:
- Project managers can assign any staffer to a project team and allocate hours to them—no special management permissions are needed
- Link multiple staffers to the same QuickBooks vendor
- Input notes for a payment that you log into BigTime
- For consistency, “Staff Group” and “Management Group” are now labeled “Department”
- Time and expense reports include fields for invoice payment information
- The billability dashboard on your home screen is updated with your firm’s billability percentage from a month, year, and quarterly perspective
- View staffers’ timesheets and see their capacity
- Import payments from QuickBooks, which will update your balance in BigTime. This option can be turned on or off within QuickBooks (QuickBooks…Integration Settings)
Plus, you can now integrate BigTime with your Salesforce account. This is an exciting new feature bound to improve efficiency and keep teams informed and connected.
We’ve been busy the last few months! You can look forward to even more fixes and features soon!