Save time and get the BigTime answers you need by using our Knowledge Base—or the KB, as we refer to it around here.
The KB is BigTime’s resource center. It consists of articles and user guides that explain how to use specific BigTime features and functions.
In this post, you’ll learn about the KB, including the topics we cover and how to access it. That way, you’ll have a reliable source to turn to the next time you need a refresher on using timers or a clear explanation on creating invoices.
The KB gives you the information you need to get the most out of our product—whether you’re just starting out with BigTime and need help creating tasks, or you’re a seasoned BigTime user looking for nuanced articles on billable utilization rate. In either case, you’ll find clear, step-by-step instruction.
The KB is organized by several major topics, such as:
- Managing your Account
- Managing Projects
- Users and Staff
- Tracking Time
- Tracking Expenses
- Tracking Tasks and Budgets
- Using Reports
There are many related articles under each subject, so you can delve into as much detail as you’d like!
Access the KB from BigTime’s homepage. Follow these steps:
1. Type bigtime.net into your browser.
2. Click Learn…Knowledge Base, near the top of your screen. It’s a good idea to bookmark this page for easy access.
3. Click on the square that resembles your login window.
If you click “IQ Enterprise,” then you’ll be directed to the articles relevant to BigTime’s Enterprise environment.
If you click “IQ Pro/IQ Express,” you’ll then pick from two options:
- Using BigTime primarily contains “how-to” articles and other tips and tricks you should be aware of. This is a great resource when you have a question about a specific feature.
- BigTime Configuration contains articles to help you get up and running with BigTime. You’ll learn how to integrate BigTime with your calendar, for example, or integrate with QuickBooks.
If you’re looking for a specific article, type your search term into the box, next to the magnifying glass icon near the top of your window, and click on the icon. BigTime will generate a list of results to pick from.
When you have a BigTime question, the KB is a good place to start to get quick answers to your questions—to matter how big or small.