When you’re searching for the right time and billing software to run your firm, you need to know what questions to ask a vendor. You’ll save time (and money) in your software selection process when you ask these essential questions.
- Can terminology be personalized by industry?
- Can you make certain timesheet fields mandatory?
- Can you customize invoices?
- Can you customize reports for your purposes?
- Do they make it easy to adjust rates based on a staffer, a role, or a task?
- Can they manage variable rates that also change from project to project?
- Can they edit a rate on an invoice without changing the base rate?
- Can you manage budgets in real time?
- Can you manage tasks and their budgets?
- Is there a review and approval workflow?
- Does the time and billing vendor require that you pay for a new user immediately?
- Do you have to fill out paperwork every time you add a user?
- Can your new user access free online training tools?
- Does the time and billing vendor practice customer-informed development?
- Does the vendor have a roadmap for additional features or fixes?
- Does the vendor offer free training on how to use new features?
- Does the vendor’s software integrate with other productivity applications?
- Will you need an IT specialist to make the integrations work?
- Will the time and billing software vendor help you troubleshoot integration problems?
- Will the vendor be there for you when invoices have to go out today?
- Does the vendor have a training plan to get you up and running fast?
- Does the vendor continuously update their knowledge base and training video library?
Get All 7 Questions and understand why they’re important. We hope the guide helps you prepare to ask time and billing software vendors all 7 essential questions. And that you’ll be listening to see if they ask the right questions of you.
In a 10-minute call, we can help you identify the software features that you need to manage your firm. No sales pressure. Just guidance and good advice.
Email [email protected] or call 312-346-4646.
Subscribe to our blog for firm management advice, tech trends, and our service industry research.
BigTime Software delivers real-time, metrics-driven time tracking, billing and project management for more than 2,000 professional firms, tracking over $2 billion (USD) worth of billable time each year.